PAWS of Dearborn County has part-time positions available for friendly, outgoing, animal loving individuals. Applicants must be high school graduates or have a GED.
Our current career opportunities are listed below. If you wish to apply for any position, please stop by the shelter.
Duties for Kennels
- Perform daily cleaning of animal areas in accordance with established procedures
- Monitor health and behavior of all shelter animals in your area. Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behavior
- Work with Veterinary Technicians with surgery animals
- Assist with incoming and outgoing animals
- Provide food and water for animals in accordance with established procedures
- Move animals throughout the shelter as needed
- Take animals not allowed free run, on walks throughout day
- Perform spot cleanings throughout the day
- Give animals baths as needed
- Perform daily cleaning of transfer cages, litter boxes, dishes and laundry
- Assist with testing, and other duties as needed
- Assist when needed with potential adopters/meet and greets
- Clean Drains Weekly
- When dog becomes adoptable, give a bath/nails trimmed
- Notify veterinarian technician when nails need to be trimmed throughout stay at shelter
- Give enrichment developing new ways to stimulate mental and emotional well-being of the animal. Frozen Kong, toys, and pools are great activities
- Taking Dogs for walks
- Playdates with other dogs in shelter (Always Supervised)
- Assist dog walkers with dogs that are allowed to be walked (Must be trained on procedures before dog walking)
- Working with animals on basic training
Other Duties as Assigned
10 years old, Lab Mix, Male Neutered. Are you looking for someone that will stay by your side, listen to all your secrets or problems with no judgment? Not to mention trust you completely and give you unconditional love. Alfred is the perfect partner; he is just an overgrown baby. He likes other mild dogs that do not bark at him, as he is a little shy. Come meet this perfect boy. If Alfred could tell you one thing about himself, it would be …
1 years old, Domestic Short Hair Black and White, Female Spayed. Gig is a sweet girl that would do better in a quiet home. She is shy at first, but once she warms up, you will instantly fall in love with her. She gets along with other cat but would be better in a home with no dogs. If you think she would be a good fit for you, please come and meet her.
2 1/2 years old, Pit Shepherd Mix, Male Neutered. Georgie loves to run and play with his Kong toys. He knows commands and is great on a leash. He would do better in a home with no kids, since he forgets how big he is when starts to play. When in the house relaxing, be ready for this cuddle bug to join you. If you are interested in adopting Georgie, stop down at PAWS to meet him.